Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie


I am not sure who deserves the credit for inspiring this creation, but I have seen variations here,  here , here and here. Of course I had to try it. I just wasn't expecting it to be so gooood!

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • few shakes of cinnamon (optional - I like extra cinnamon!)
  • 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Naturally Preferred Whey)
Blend all ingredients until smooth.



Topped with some maple granola!


Drink up! If you have not tried a pumpkin smoothie, do it now. It's a great way to use the rest of that can of pumpkin that is in your fridge. 

8 comments:

  1. Yum...sounds amazing. I LOVE pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a yummy idea! This sounds great...perfect Fall smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! Usually when the weather gets cold, I head straight for the pumpkin spice lattes, but this looks like a much healthier (but still yummy) version. Definitely want to give this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful fall idea for a smoothie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect smoothie for Fall. Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this sounds like something new to me! An absolute autumn smoothie mood. ^_^ Thanks for sharing and have a great day.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love smoothies but have never made one with pumpkin. And I love pumpkin! I will be trying this asap. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried this and it was pretty awesome. My version used EAS vanilla soy protein powder, a whole frozen banana, a whole cup of pumpkin, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It was really smooth, creamy and spicy. So… how long does a can of pumpkin last in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete