Thursday, August 5, 2010

On a Mission

I am a registered dietitian. Helping others eat better and live healthier lifestyles is my career and my passion! Yet somewhere, somehow, things began to go wrong -- I haven't kept MYSELF healthy! I feel as though I am now preaching, "do as i say, not as i do", while becoming less self confident and more frustrated with myself each day.

It isn't that I don't try. I've lost and gained weight many, many, MANY times in my life already. My personal struggles are the reason I chose my profession in the first place. After all, who trusts a skinny little dietitian who has never struggled with weight a day in her life, right?? :) I am good at my job in part because I do understand. I am thankful for every struggle I have faced because I have learned from each experience. But I am ready to conquer this once and for all!

I am on a mission to document my journey to health, fitness and self acceptance while also sharing my nutrition knowledge.  It will keep me accountable and motivated while *hopefully* providing a bit of entertainment and inspirations to others.

Well, here goes.... ;)

1 comment:

  1. I totally relate to your experience! I'm a junior high health teacher who, a few years ago, found that I wasn't modeling the behavior I was trying to indoctrinate my students in. It wasn't intentional... I just got lazy and, before you know it, I was overweight with hypertension and pre-diabetes. I'm working on turning this around, too. Thanks for sharing your story. It helps to know that I'm not alone in this journey. :)

    ReplyDelete