Monday, September 13, 2010

Road Trippin'

First things first. I found my camera. Where? At Bed, Bath and Beyond. Yes, it was a lucky find. After searching everywhere I could think of at least 3 times, I concluded I must have left it somewhere. If that was the case, someone probably kept it...

After some encouragement to "think positive" from Bethany, I decided to call and check. It couldn't hurt...but I was pretty certain it was a waste of time. Turned out the person who answered the phone at Bed, Bath and Beyond knew what I was talking about immediately...and had my camera for me! My faith in humanity got a little boost. Thanks, B!

This week consisted of an out-of-the-ordinary occasion. I showed up at work on Tuesday morning to find my ecstatic co-worker friend, Jan, jumping around the clinic exclaiming that she won free tickets to a private Kings of Leon show in Nashville, TN! Guess who she wanted to go with her? This girl!

I love spur of the moment trips (I think it just feels more exciting) so I was on board. We scrambled to find coverage for our clinic and get our time off approved. Before long, we were on the road to Music City! In all the haste, I forgot my camera. It turned out that taking pictures at the concert was strictly forbidden anyway. It makes me sad because it was a very exciting day and I wish I could share more of it.

All I have to show for our 6 hour roadtrip and second row center spot at a private KOL concert is my arm band:


And, of course, the awesome memories. It was a great experience!

We arrived in Nashville at about 2:30 pm.


We had some time to kill so well walked to a nearby mexican joint to grab a bite to eat. I had a vegetarian style taco salad and a margarita on the rocks, no salt. The food was not impressive. My salad consisted of refried beans, lettuce, tomato, guacamole and sour cream. Service was just okay. My guess, based on the location of this restaurant and the quality of the food, is that many of their guests are already intoxicated when they enter the establishment...


            
      (source)

We headed back to the venue to get our arm bands and wait for the concert to start. I'm not gonna lie, we did a lot of waiting...

But in the end it was all worth it.



Oh, yes.

(Jan caught Caleb's sweaty handkerchief, but you'll have to ask her about that...)

Do you like spur of the moment trips...or are you a planner?

No comments:

Post a Comment